Hearthstone welcomes the Year of the Wolf alongside the launch of Festival of Legends, the first expansion of 2023.
This year, we will see updates to the Core Set in April – saying goodbye to Forged in the Barrens, United in Stormwind, and Fractured in Alterac Valley expansions as these sets rotate out of Standard. After this rotation, Standard will consist of Voyage to the Sunken City, Murder at Castle Nathria, March of the Lich King, and Festival of Legends expansions, plus the updated Core Set.
KEYWORD UPDATE: TRADEABLE
- Originally introduced with the United in Stormwind set, Tradeable will be an evergreen keyword starting this year.
- Since Tradeable currently only exists in United in Stormwind and Fractured in Alterac Valley, we’ve started by adding a few Tradeable cards from those expansions into Core.
- New Tradeable cards will be introduced throughout the Year of the Wolf and for years to come.
RETURNING KEYWORD: MAGNETIC
- Magnetic is a keyword that appeared on certain Mechs in The Boomsday Project.
- Mechs with Magnetic could either be played as normal OR played directly to the left of another Mech on the board to fuse with it, granting its stats, effects, and enchantments to the Mech in play.
- Magnetic is a temporary addition to Core and will not necessarily stay in Core beyond this update.
PRIEST TUNE UP AND NEW KEYWORD: OVERHEAL
- The base of the Priest class fantasy is healing, which may not feel as powerful as other classes’ base fantasies, like damage or Armor.
- The new keyword, Overheal, was created to make healing more flexible and rewarding.
- Cards with Overheal have an effect that is triggered when they are healed over their max health.
- Overheal is a new evergreen class mechanic, like Combo is for the Rogue class.
Check out the blog for more details: https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23921495/year-of-the-wolf-core-set-update