Tate Multimedia has today unveiled a brand new trailer showcasing the enemies and combat set to feature in platformer Kao the Kangaroo ahead of its debut on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam, and Epic Games Store on Friday 27th May, 2022.
The 50-second trailer casts light both on Kao’s combat, and the characters he will utilise his skills against throughout play. It’s a short snippet of the moves players will be able to deploy when they get their collective hands on Kao later this month.
Kao – pronounced K-O – launched his first adventure on Dreamcast back in the year 2000. Now, two decades on, Tate Multimedia is rebooting Kao with his biggest adventure yet. The original Kao the Kangaroo series collectively sold more than 700,000 units worldwide, with four games in total having launched across multiple platforms.
In his latest release, Kao will use his boxing gloves to punch a path through his adversaries, jabbing his way through the obstacles ahead as he pummels his way to glory.
Kao the Kangaroo will feature:
- Beautiful, diverse worlds, packed with secrets
- Engaging and fun gameplay for all ages – family-friendly, but for core gamers too
- Magic gloves stacked with powers
- Kao himself – a cheeky, brave, and feisty kangaroo who embarks on a life-changing journey
- An engaging story filled with a cast of captivating characters
- Challenging combat including unique boss battles
- A whole host of items to collect
Kao the Kangaroo will launch digitally and physically on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Steam and Epic Games Store on Friday 27th May 2022 for a digital price of €29.99/$29.99/£24.99 and a recommended physical price of €34.99/$34.99/£29.99