Today marks the start of open beta for Legends of Runeterra, the strategy card game set in the League of Legends universe.
Announced last year and previously playable in two limited-access preview patches, LoR is now completely open access—anyone can create an account and start playing for free at playruneterra.com.
In addition to a variety of improvements and new content, open beta features LoR’s new ranked mode and very first ranked season Beta Season.
LoR will launch later this year on both PC and mobile, and will be fully playable cross-platform. Players will keep any content they earn during open beta, and anyone who plays during open beta will receive an exclusive Moonstruck Poro Guardian once LoR launches.
A quick refresher of LoR is below with new features:
- Legends of Runeterra—a card game for PC & mobile set in the League of Legends universe—is headed to PC open beta (i.e., open access) at 6 AM AEDT on January 25.
- Anyone who played during last year’s preview patches, already pre-registered on PC will gain access one day early, at 6 AM AEDT on January 24.
- Accounts that played during the preview patches have been reset, but there will be no further account resets—anything players earn once open beta starts is theirs to keep.
- The open beta patch includes a variety of new features and content, including ranked mode, a friends list, challenge-a-friend functionality, and our first new boards and guardians.
- We’re also updating 20+ cards—including a major update to Anivia—and making a variety of improvements.
- Beta season—LoR’s first ranked season—will start with open beta and last through launch. Like League of Legends, players can climb the ranks from Iron all the way to Master.
- Anyone who plays during open beta will receive an exclusive Moonstruck Poro Guardian once Legends of Runeterra fully launches later in 2020.
- LoR is set to launch on mobile later in 2020, with full cross-platform play.
For any further information, check out FAQ: https://playruneterra.com/en-us/news/open-beta-faq