With the recent release of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare II, thanks to our friends over at Activision we had the pleasure of having a chat with one of Australia’s most popular streamers, Joel Bergs to discuss his experience attending Activision’s Bootcamp and share any tips and tricks he might have for those looking to hone their skills in Modern Warfare II.
Here’s how it went.
- How does it feel being one of Australia’s most popular streamers?
I wouldn’t consider myself to be a “most popular” streamer, but it is very flattering if people do think so.
- What was the most defining moment in your streaming career, the moment you realised “This is it?”
Probably when I made partner on Twitch, it was such a proud moment that I will never forget. Or when my squad won the ANZ Call of Duty $20,000 rebirth island tournament live on stream.
- How did you get into streaming to begin with, and were there outside influences?
I was already playing so much Warzone when it first came out, and my friends told me “you might as well stream it” the rest is history.
- How did you overcome any feelings you had of giving up/doubts that family and friends had?
Never really had to overcome anything like that luckily.
- If you weren’t a successful streamer, what do you think you’d be doing instead? Was it always your goal to be a streamer, or was there another dream beforehand?
If I wasn’t creating content or streaming, I would be continuing my old job as a greenskeeper on a golf course. Once I knew I had the potential to become a successful streamer/content creator, it became my main objective and dream to pursue.
- You had a first look at COD MWII during the Activision Beta Bootcamp – what was that experience like?
It had to be one of the most exciting events to be a part of. Being around other influencers, meeting staff from Activision, and playing early access MW2 all day. Can’t think of experiences that would be much better than that.
- What is the best thing you took from the COD MWII Activision Beta Bootcamp, and why?
To simply being invited amongst all these other incredible streamers/influencers to the Beta Bootcamp was the best thing.
- Based on your experience at the Activision Beta Bootcamp, how will COD MWII Change the franchise for future releases?
Bringing influencers and their communities together to compete against one another is such a fantastic and productive idea for future releases of future Call of Duty games.
- How will players need to change their playstyle with the release of COD MWII?
The difference in movement is significant. With the removal of slide cancelling, it will force players to focus more on positioning.
- For gamers wanting to get as good as possible, as fast as possible, how should they focus their efforts in COD MWII?
From studying others. The best way to learn and get better is by watching the best players in the world play, and then study how and what they are doing in-game.
Once again, a HUGE thanks to Joel for his time, and many thanks to Activision for allowing us this opportunity. If you’d like to check out more of Joel, you’ll find all his links below.
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/JoelBergs
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/joel_bergs
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Joelbergs
- TwitchTV: https://www.twitch.tv/joelbergs
- TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@joelbergslive
- Facebook Gaming: https://www.facebook.com/gaming/JoelBergsLive
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II is OUT NOW, with Season 1 starting tomorrow.