President Teddy Roosevelt has been kidnapped! Only you — a Secret Service agent made of tin — can save him from the Anarcho-Satanists intent on ruining the American way of life.
This is the premise of Bartlow’s Dread Machine, an arcade shooter coming to PC and Xbox One this fall… but President Roosevelt can’t wait that long!
That’s why developers Beep Games and Tribetoy will release the game’s first three worlds on Steam Early Access in July. Check out the new gameplay trailer below and read on for more details.
About Bartlow’s Dread Machine
Set inside a mechanical arcade cabinet circa 1907, Bartlow’s Dread Machine is a fast-paced arcade shooter that gives new meaning to the phrase “old school.”
Shoot down tin zombies, mechanical bad guys, and clockwork bosses in a rapid-fire chase across the United States to rescue the President and preserve the American Dream. Future generations are counting on you!
- Single-player and couch co-op modes, so you can play solo or team up with a trusted friend
- Whimsical visual style that pits tin toys against taxing enemies across a side-scrolling, penny arcade-inspired landscape
- Fun storyline set in a bizarre version of early twentieth century United States
- Upgrades galore: tons of guns, hats, and items to level up your character
- So much variety! Travel through six era-appropriate locales; customize your character’s gender and skin tone; unlock and play as famous historical figures like Marie Curie, Nikola Tesla, and Zombie General Custer
- More than meets the eye? There are rumors that A. H. Bartlow, the original inventor of this incredible device, went mad while he was building it…