Let’s break it down for this year’s Overwatch Summer Games! In addition to the new rewards you’ll be able to earn, your favourite cosmetic unlocks from years past will be available from 5 August through 27 August AEST/NZST, giving you a chance to catch up on rewards you may have missed!
NEW GAME MODE – LUCIOBALL REMIX
- This is a faster, more chaotic, multi-ball version of Lucioball.
- There are normally two balls in play throughout the match. If one gets scored, it respawns after a brief time.
- Bonus balls are periodically spawned and are worth three points.
- Players are not reset when a goal is scored. You keep playing.
- Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 10-point lead.
- Busan is getting new pillars and surfaces for more wall-riding opportunities.
- Sydney is getting a tonne of jump pad surfaces, and more wall-riding opportunities.
UPDATES TO LUCIOBALL
- You can now crouch while midair to lunge down to the ground.
- Lucio’s cooldowns are much shorter.
- Lucio’s boop and punch range are increased.
- Lucio moves a little faster.
- Jump pads launch players a little higher.
- Added gamepad rumble to goal-scoring moments.
- Mercy rule: Games end early if one team has a 5-point lead.
- These can be completed in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or the Arcade for limited-time sprays, player icons, and an epic skin on top of standard earnings normally received for playing Overwatch.
- Week One:
- Win Three Games | Baseballmari Player Icon
- Win Six Games | Union Jack Spray
- Win Nine Games | Union Jack Tracer Epic Skin
- Week Two:
- Win Three Games | Golfmari Player Icon
- Win Six Games | Sand Castle Spray
- Win Nine Games | Sand Castle Bastion Epic Skin
- Week Three:
- Win Three Games | Surfimari Player Icon
- Win Six Games | Ice Cream Spray
- Win Nine Games | Ice Cream Orisa Epic Skin
- This year’s Summer Games includes five new Legendary Skins (Tropical Baptiste, Lifeguard Pharah, Feskarn Brigitte, Karate Doomfist, Surf’s Up Echo) and three new Epic Skins.
- Aside from Weekly Challenge rewards, new cosmetics also include two highlight intros, one emote, three poses, seven player icons, and two sprays.