Paradox Interactive and Koch Media today announced that both companies extend their existing partnership to bring Romero Games’ Empire of Sin to retail markets. Koch Media is fully responsible for the physical distribution in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the US. Empire of Sin is a character-driven strategy game developed by Romero Games and Lead Designer Brenda Romero (Jagged Alliance). Empire of Sin will be available at launch at selected retailers for PlayStation®4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, and digitally for Windows PC and Mac via Steam.
In Empire of Sin, players build their own ruthless criminal empire as one of 14 distinct bosses vying to run the seedy underworld of organized crime in the city. With randomly generated starting conditions, players will have to adapt to survive and do whatever it takes to outsmart, out-gun, and outlast their opponents.
Empire of Sin, the strategy game from Romero Games and Paradox Interactive, puts you at the heart of the ruthless criminal underworld of 1920s Prohibition-era Chicago. It’s up to you to hustle, charm, and intimidate your way to the top of the pile and do whatever it takes to stay there. This character-driven game puts players smack dab in the glitz and glamor of the roaring 20s all while having them work behind the scenes in the gritty underbelly of organized crime.
- Build A Crime Empire: Raise your criminal empire from the ground up by establishing rackets in your neighbourhood (be it speakeasies, breweries, brothels, union skimming, protection rackets, or casinos) and recruiting a team of loyal mobsters to make your mark on the streets. Once you make a name for yourself, expand your influence by taking over rival territory and adding more ventures to your repertoire.
- Explore a Living, Breathing City: Take to the streets of vibrant 1920s Chicago and its distinct neighbourhoods, such as Little Italy or West Loop, with real historical landmarks and events. Interact with a full cast of over 60 living, breathing characters with backgrounds that inform how they react to what you or other characters do. Each recruitable character has traits and relationships that significantly affect gameplay and vice versa. Schmooze, coerce, seduce, threaten, or kill them to get your way.
- Defend and Expand Territory: If it comes to blows, hypothetically of course, and your posse needs to send a message, face off in brutal turn-based combat. Recruit your goons strategically to build a strong chemistry within your crew to maximize combat damage and help secure your hold on the city.
- Wield Your Influence: Make and break alliances, bribe cops, and trade on the black market to gain an edge and expand the influence of your crime family. But always keep your enemies close and ensure you have a mole on the inside and eyes everywhere.
- Dominate the Neighbourhood: Whether you make it to the top with violence, business smarts, or city-wide notoriety, there are a number of ways to become King or Queen of Chicago. With various starting conditions and constantly changing crew dynamics, no two playthroughs will ever be the same.