Publisher Kalypso Media and developer Gaming Minds Studios have announced that seafaring trade simulator Port Royale 4 is now available on the Nintendo Switch™ family of consoles. The historic release marks the series’ debut on any Nintendo platform and maritime magnates can pick up their copy as a digital purchase from Nintendo eShop or in physical form from their local retailer.
Port Royale 4 gives players the ultimate trade sim experience, the fourth iteration offering a 12 million square kilometre playground of pristine 17th Century Caribbean scenery to both settle and explore. The Nintendo Switch™ version includes full touch-screen support, making it effortless to access the in-game mini-map whilst building intricate production lines that span multiple territories and upgrading settlements with an assortment of ships and buildings.
Those maritime magnates interested in a more action-focused experience can opt to attack rival nations, targeting their fleets and settlements while keeping a keen eye for pirates and other privateers who might be looking to do the same. Those looking to start their own colony can also succeed from their parent nation (France, Spain, England or the Netherlands) and choose a new name for their sovereignty, update their flag to something more their speed, and even take part in a heated war with their former ruler.
- Choose from four colonial powerhouses: England, France, Spain and the Netherlands, each providing different benefits and unique gameplay styles
- Four single player campaigns following each nation on a path to glory
- Appoint a leader from four different character classes: The Explorer, Merchant, Buccaneer and Pirate
- Establish and manage trade with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge game world
- Navigate cliffs, shallow waters and stormy weather regions to optimize your trade routes
- Choose from 50 buildings to produce goods such as rum and luxuries
- Construct town buildings with neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the happiness of your citizens
- Sail 18 historically authentic ships from the late 16th and 17th centuries
- Engage in tactical, turn-based naval battles with powerful captains
- Unlock licenses, building permits, new buildings and ships by growing your reputation within your chosen nation
Port Royale 4 is out now on the Nintendo Switch™ family of consoles, Windows PC, PS4 and Xbox One.