This morning Joe Blackburn, Assistant Game Director for Destiny 2, released a blog post on Bungie.net sharing an update on the state of Destiny 2 and the road to the next expansion, Destiny 2: The Witch Queen.
Please see a summary of what is discussed in the blog below, but be sure to check out the full blog post here for more information.
- Destiny 2: The Witch Queen release has been moved to early 2022.
- An additional unannounced chapter will be added after Destiny 2: Lightfall to fully complete the first saga of Destiny.
- Starting next Season (Season 14), there won’t be an infusion cap on any weapons or armour that have not already reached the cap as of the start of Season 13.
- Starting in Season 14, the Power cap will only be raised by 10 for each non-expansion season.
- In Season 15, “three-peeking” will be addressed in Trials and Competitive PvP.
- Balance changes to Stasis and Light subclasses to achieve a healthier balance in the Crucible.
- Cheating will be further addressed.
- The Vault of Glass Raid will return in Season 14.
- A transmog system “Armour Synthesis” will arrive in Season 14.
- Crossplay is coming in Season 15.
- An early look at concept art for one of The Witch Queen armour sets.