Borderlands 3’s very own cosmic horror rom-com expansion – Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright and Hammerlock – launches on all currently supported platforms on March 26. That’s just 10 days away!
Gearbox revealed this brand new campaign add-on with a trailer at PAX East last month, but now that the big day’s practically here, we want to give you a longer look at the icy, hostile planet Xylourgos and all the creepy creatures that await you there.
In case you missed the original announcement, Sir Alistair Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs are finally tying the knot, and they want you to come celebrate on the ice planet of Xylourgos, where a gargantuan monster lies frozen above a village full of deranged occultists.
You’ll have to fight back the forces of otherworldly evil if Wainwright and Hammerlock are to have their happily ever after. Luckily, the most badass wedding planner in the galaxy has your back: Gaige, a former Vault Hunter who’s inseparable from her robot BFF Deathtrap. And that’s not all:
- Reunite with old friends and team up with some eerie new characters to help true love triumph over eldritch horror;
- Confront bloodthirsty enemies and formidable bosses, including alien beasts, hideously mutated occultists, and a clan of cold-blooded bandits;
- Delve into the disturbing and occasionally daft backstories of cursed townsfolk in a host of spine-tingling side missions;
- Arm your Vault Hunter with some of the deadliest gear in the galaxy, including a trove of additional Legendaries and some supremely powerful Class Mods; and,
- Flaunt your sense of style with a slew of new cosmetic items, from Vault Hunter Heads & Skins to interactive Room Decorations and all-new Vehicle Skins.
Guns, Love, and Tentacles will put the “love” back in “Lovecraft” starting March 26 and is included with the Borderlands 3 Season Pass and Super Deluxe Edition, just like Moxxi’s Heist of The Handsome Jackpot. For a closer look a Borderlands 3’s second expansion, click here. Check out the brand new trailer that debuted at PAX East below.
For an even deeper dive into Guns, Love, and Tentacles, be sure to tune in to the next episode of The Borderlands Show on March 24, when hosts Greg Miller and Fran Mirabella will explore the frozen wastes themselves. They’ll also sit down with Gearbox’s Anthony Nicholson to discuss Mayhem Mode 2.0, the Revenge of the Cartels seasonal event, and more.
And don’t forget, Borderlands 3 is now available on Steam, complete with all updates to date, new PC Cross-Play functionality, and limited-time launch pricing. For more information regarding Borderlands 3’s launch on Steam, just click right here.
For more information about Borderlands 3’s features and content, please visit borderlands.com