Today, Nintendo debuted a Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase, a video presentation focused on Nintendo Switch games from Nintendo’s development and publishing partners. The video is the first in a series of upcoming Partner Showcase presentations that will be released this year.
Highlights of the debut showcase include details about two new games in the Shin Megami Tensei RPG series – a high-definition remake of one of the most loved games in the series, Shin Megami Tensei III, and a new game in the main numbered series, Shin Megami Tensei V, which will have a simultaneous global launch on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
The Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase also revealed three paid DLC packs for Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda, adding new characters, modes and maps. Additionally, the video showed off action-packed gameplay for two upcoming Nintendo Switch games, Rogue Company and WWE 2K Battlegrounds.
Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
- Shin Megami Tensei V: The next numbered entry in ATLUS’ Shin Megami Tensei series is coming exclusively to Nintendo Switch. In this epic role-playing game, order itself has crumbled and chaos reigns over all. Shin Megami Tensei V will have a simultaneous global launch on Nintendo Switch in 2021.
Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster: It’s been 17 years since the original release of Shin Megami Tensei III, known in Europe as Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer’s Call. Now, the apocalyptic legend returns in a full high-definition remake of the classic game, coming to Nintendo Switch in autumn 2021.
- Rogue Company: A stylish new shooter lands on Nintendo Switch – Lay waste to opponents with an arsenal of weapons and abilities in this online multiplayer third-person shooter from First Watch Games. Clash with other players in competitive and casual game modes or rise to the challenge against AI opponents that surely bring the heat. If players fall in battle, their teammates can revive them, letting them immediately jump back into the fray. Cross-platform play and cross-save are also supported from day one, along with support for motion-controlled aiming. More information about Rogue Company will be revealed later today.
- WWE 2K Battlegrounds: The world of WWE is your battleground with all-new, over-the-top, in-your-face arcade action, as your favourite WWE Superstars and Legends battle it out in outlandish interactive environments. Both casual gamers and long-time wrestling fans will love the easy, pick-up-and-play multiplayer experience when WWE 2K Battlegrounds launches for Nintendo Switch on 18th September.
- Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda DLC: Three paid DLC packs are coming to Cadence of Hyrule – Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda, with the first pack launching today.
- DLC Pack 1: Character Pack – In the first pack, five additional characters join the game’s ensemble, including Impa, who excels in ranged attacks with the Naginata weapon, and Aria, perfect for players who like a challenge. It’s game over if you take one hit or miss a beat with her.
- DLC Pack 2: Melody Pack – After purchasing this pack, 39 songs will be added to the game, including remixed versions of the game’s background music. Players can change the background music at any time so they can listen to their favourite songs while journeying through Hyrule.
- DLC Pack 3: Additional Story Content – Symphony of the Mask – Play as the mysterious Skull Kid and venture through a new map in the third DLC pack, complete with new songs and a new story. Skull Kid also possesses the power to change abilities based on the masks he dons.
DLC Pack 1 will be available to purchase later today for AU$9.00 / NZ$9.99 on Nintendo eShop. The second and third DLC packs will be released on Nintendo eShop before the end of October for AU$9.00 / NZ$9.99 and AU$15.00 / NZ$16.50 each. A Season Pass containing all three DLC packs as they release will be available to purchase on Nintendo eShop starting today for AU$22.50 / NZ$24.75. People who purchase the Season Pass will also receive bonus costumes for Link and Zelda. A retail version of the game that contains the main game and all three DLC packs will launch on 23rd October.