Starlight Children’s Foundation announces fourth annual Stream Raiser fundraising event and encourages Australian streaming community to sign up and help raise $100,000 to brighten the lives of 2,500 sick kids.
Running from March 20 to April 20, the event will go live on World Happiness Day and involve numerous star creators fundraising for Stream Raiser. Lolly maker and TikTok creator @stickyaustralia has returned this year to support Starlight’s fundraising event. Last week they threw their support behind the event by creating a Mario lollie live with help from Captain Starlight, and Starlight child Anabela raising over $4,100 for Stream Raiser. Grand Theft Auto RP community group koalateagaming has also already raised over $2,000 as part of this year’s Stream Raiser.
Each year, content creators across Australia stream during Stream Raiser to bring happiness to seriously ill children. Kids like Harper, who was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia.
While the family was coming to terms with their new world of hospital and treatment, Starlight was there with moments of fun and happiness helping them cope with the pain and fear of hospitalisation. Laughing and playing games with Captain Starlight gave Harper a break from her gruelling treatment.
Starlight streamers make a big difference by helping to support Starlight programs to ensure hospitals aren’t scary places for sick kids.
Other creators fundraising for Stream Raiser have come up with a series of fun challenges and incentives that they hope will encourage their audiences to donate over the course of the four week campaign:
- Shezabubadino will run her own art challenge, creating a Destiny 2-themed artwork that will be signed by Bungie’s Senior Design Lead, Tom Farnsworth.
- Kimber Prime has challenged herself to finish five games on stream. She will also craft a glass suncatcher by hand to give away to a lucky donor at the end of Stream Raiser.
- AustralianBl00d will be running cooking streams, creating Starlight-themed dishes and putting his taste buds on the line with chilli challenges.
- djzombie has set a Starlight-themed photography challenge, heading outside at night to take astrophotography shots live on stream.
- ShortRaver will be challenging his community to put him through terrifying challenges while playing horror video games, but also plans on hosting Starlight-themed DJ sets with tunes that listeners can stargaze to.
Find out if your favourite streamers are participating by searching on Tiltify, and encourage them to sign up.
Those who donate this year to Stream Raiser go into the draw to win awesome prizes including a Secretlab streaming chair, $100 EB Games gift card, RIG 400HX headset, or JUICD shaker.
To be part of Starlight’s Stream Raiser event or donate visit streamraiser.org.au.