HOOK, the recently formed indie label of global video game publisher Digital bros, and Polish developer Duality Games have released a brand new teaser trailer as part of the recent Tokyo Game Show for Unholy, the new first-person psychological horror experience coming to PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S/X in 2023.
Unholy follows the disappearance of a young child from a run down, unwelcoming post-soviet town. Using exploration, puzzle solving and innovative combat mechanics, players will traverse between reality and a twisted Unholy world to unveil the terrifying truth.
Features of Unholy
- Two parallel worlds to explore. The grey and cold reality of a brutalist post-soviet Eastern European town and the creepy and twisted world of Unholy, a grotesque society ruled by a relentless priest caste.
- An intense psychological horror experience driven by a deep, dark narrative storyline played out with captivating visuals based on the works of reputed dark artist Tomasz Strzałkowski (Duality Games Art director and founder).
- A unique gameplay blend that combines meticulous exploration, intriguing puzzle solving, infiltration and stealth with innovative shooting dynamics.
- An innovative combat system. Use four different emotions: anger, fear, sadness and desire to interact with the environment (destroy obstacles, trigger mechanisms, overload circuits, illuminate your way) or to confuse, lure or damage your opponents.
- Masks! Everybody in the unholy world hides behind a mask and it can be the difference between life or death. Build your own mask to get new skills and improve your abilities or wear other masks to infiltrate, confuse your enemies and impersonate your opponents.
- Unholy will be published for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S and Steam in 2023 and players can wishlist the game on Steam now.