It’s been a massive couple of weeks for World of Warcraft, with the latest content update for Battle for Azeroth emerging from the depths, and new details for the World of Warcraft Classic launch coming to light.
Below is a recap of the weeks’ announcements, along with a range of new updates going live today
World of Warcraft Classic:
World of Warcraft Classic Servers in Australia for Launch
- To provide players in Australia and New Zealand with the best possible experience, we are pleased to announce we will have Oceanic realms for World of Warcraft Classic at launch on 27 August.
- Game servers will be hosted in Australia.
- We will provide you with the names of the Oceanic realms before character name reservations commence on 13 August.
Final Stress Test Details
- The final stress test for World of Warcraft Classic is coming up on 26-27 July.
- During this global test, we will roll out multi-region hardware in preparation for the worldwide release of World of Warcraft Classic.
- This test will include fixes and tweaks following the more than 17,000 bug reports submitted by beta testers.
- As such, we are shifting our focus away from the closed beta, which will end on 13 July.
Battle for Azeroth – Rise of Azshara:
The Eternal Palace Raid: Normal and Heroic Now Available!
- Face Queen Azshara’s most devoted champions in an epic new raid—The Eternal Palace.
- This massive eight boss raid is now unlocked for Normal and Heroic difficulties, with Mythic and Raid Finder Wing 1 opening next week
New Mythic Keystone content and Mega-Dungeon Live!
- Season 3 has begun, bringing a wave of new Mythic Keystone content, including: the new Mythic-only mega-dungeon Operation: Mechagon; a new seasonal affix, Beguiling; and higher item-level Azerite armour to acquire in exchange for Residuum.
- Item levels of rewards from dungeons have been increased, along with tweaks to enemy health, damage, and overall levels for Mythic Keystones.
- Eight new Essences are now available to earn in Azshara’s Eternal Palace, Operation: Mechagon, PvP, and Mythic Keystone Dungeons.
- PvP Season 3: Notorious, has commenced!
- Item levels of rewards earned from War Chests from all PvP tiers (Unranked, Combatant, Challenger, Rival, Duellist, and Gladiator) and end-of-match rewards have been increased by 30.
- Additionally, a new arena, The Robodrome, and a new brawl, Classic Ashran, have now launched
New Heroic Warfront: Battle for Stromgarde!
- The Battle for Azeroth still escalates on land with the new Heroic Battle for Stromgarde Warfront. In the expansion’s first Heroic Warfront, the enemy commander takes a more active role on the battlefield, and it’s up to your team to bury him in the dirt!